Links à la Mode: The IFB Weekly Roundup, April 9
Posted on 09 April 2015
Finding Meaning in Fashion Blogging
This week, many IFB bloggers sought to go deeper than the #OOTD, with shout outs to philanthropic organizations including Scotty’s House and To Write Love on Her Arm—plus we heard some compelling personal stories. Other posts tackled diversity in magazines, the “new sexual revolution,” and older women’s right to wear leggings. On the lighter side, we have our fair (and necessary) share of fashion and beauty tips, trend pieces and news bites. All around, it’s a well-balanced collection of fashion blogger fare. I hope you enjoy! And if your post was chosen, please don’t forget to post the LALM roundup on your own blog (see instructions below)!
Links à la Mode: April 9
- A Handful of Stories: Shooting Outfit Posts With the Olympus OMD-EM10
- Attire Club: The Men’s Guide to Wearing Pastel Colors
- Bibi Shelter: Jeremy Scott for Adidas Original Fragrance Launch
- Charlotte Lucy: Alexander McQueen/Nick Waplington: Working Process at The Tate
- Flip Flops and Furs: A Benefit for Scotty’s House
- Funky Jungle: 5 Fashion ‘Must Haves’ I Don’t Own
- A Glamorous Revelation: To Write Love on Her Arms
- Jodie’s Touch of Style: Leggings With a Tunic After 50
- Ms. Fabulous: Winners of the 6th Annual Fashion 2.0 Awards
- Prime Butterfly: 5 Magazine Trends That Need to Die in 2015
- Purushu Arie: Celebrating the Spirit of the Seventies
- Riva la Diva: Easy DIY Valentino-Inspired Dress Tutorial
- Ri(t)ch Styles: How to Pick the Right T-Shirt for a Guy
- Sly on the Wall: A Hair Story
- Spy Girl: L.A. Frock Stars—Golden Age of Hollywood
- Storybook Apothecary: Swimwear Looks for Every Style
- Suzanne Carillo: 10 Important Life Lessons I Learned From Watching Mad Men
- That Paki Blog: Illustrating Pakistan Fashion Week by Mahoor Jamal
- TLV Birdie: Watch Your Mouth
- Wear It Fair: Vintage Styles for Work, Rest and Play
Want to be featured in Links à la Mode?
1. Read the clarified rules and submit your links on this page: Links à la Mode.
2. If your link was selected and you need this week’s code, visit this page: Links à la Mode Code.