Its Music Fest Season: Time to Bone Up on Your Street Style Photography Skills
Posted on 03 June 2015
We’re in the thick of music festival season—Coachella and Bottle Rock may be over, but there are tons more events on the schedule this summer including the Governors Ball this weekend in New York City, Bonnaroo in Tennessee in June, and Outside Lands in San Francisco in August. I for one am headed to NYC this weekend for the Governors Ball, and I plan to take street style photos for both my blog and for my column at Forbes. One problem: I am the world’s worst photographer. I’m one of those bloggers with a decent DSLR who doesn’t really know how to use it. And, alas, I don’t have a budget to hire a professional, so I’m on my own.
Luckily, IFB has written at length about photography tips and tricks, so I’ve been mining the archives in an attempt up my photography game. If the practice shots (some are by the husband) I took earlier this week are any indication, I think my efforts have paid off a little bit.
Just in case you guys could also use some brushing up in preparation for outdoor events this summer, I’ve collected some of our best photography posts from the archives and collected them here in one place for your perusal:
- 15 Photography Tips From Famous Photographers
- Blogger Photography Tips from Lydia Hudgens
- Bigger, Better, Bolder: Know Your Photography Basics
- Learning About Your Camera’s Lens
- 10 Tips for Clarifying Composition
- 13 Tips to Know About Your ISO
- Know Your DSLR Dial
- 9 Things You Need to Know About Aperture
- Photography Tips from Mr. Newton, Vanessa Jackman & Citizen Couture
What are your favorite photography tips?
[Photo by me via Stylenik, hopefully one of my more successful attempts!]