How Vince Lee Made Fashion Blogging His Full-Time Gig in Just One Year
Posted on 31 July 2015
Welcome to the IFB Male Blogger Spotlight! Gentlemen fashion bloggers may be in the minority, but they’re no less stylish than their female counterparts. Look for a feature on one of our dapper dudes on the fifth Friday of every month.
Featured Blogger Interview
Name: Vince Lee
Vince Lee is a 28-year-old fashion lover and blogger who moved from his home in South Korea several years ago to bring his style to the streets of Boston. He recently moved across the country to Los Angeles, and the change seems to suit him. As you can see, he is a master of gentlemanly style, and his 75k+ followers between his two Instagram accounts approve. He runs two blog: his personal style blog, MrVLStyle, and The Master of Fashion. We caught up with Vince to find out some of the secrets to his blogging success. Read all about it below!
1. When and why did you start your blog?
“I started blogging a year ago. I’ve always loved clothes since I was young. Always spent extra time putting an outfit together. My love for clothes grew bigger and I became obsessed with fashion in general. It didn’t take me too long to start taking photos of my outfit and post & blog about them. It came very natural to me, since I had so many clothes and outfit ideas.”
2. How did you come up with the name of your blog?
“MrVLstyle means Mr. Vince Lee Style. I’m more into suits and dressier clothing. Always liked a clean, gentleman look, so that’s how I came up with my blog name.”
3. Do you blog full time or do you have a day job?
“As of now, I am a full time blogger. It is kind of a do or die situation. I am also founder of The Master of Fashion (@themasteroffashion), an online fashion & lifestyle magazine. With both pages, I hardly have free time.”
4. What was the biggest mistake you made in your early days of blogging?
“I’d say, probably taking photos not professionally. First, I used an iPhone for most of my posts. Now I try to take only professional photos with a photographer.”
5. What was a turning point when you realized you were onto something?
“When I found my style. I’ve tried on so many outfits, tried different styles, but like I said, I am more into Italian, gentleman style. Once I’ve found my style, I became more confident in myself.”
6. Which social media platform drives the most traffic back to your blog?
“I would say, Instagram. I started out on Instagram first, so there are people who have followed me since day one. @themasteroffashion Instagram as well.”
7. Is your blog still your #1 effort, or is a social media channel becoming more important?
“I post up to 10 outfit looks monthly on my blog, and up to 3 photos daily on my Instagram page.”
8. Where do you find most of your revenue is coming from? Sponsored posts, advertising, or something else?
“I would say, from collaborations with brands. It is very important to work with the brands that you really like, or that are your style. And of course when brands, and other fashion pages repost my photos.“
9. How much do you think the design of your blog influences reader engagement?
“I’ve recently changed my whole blog, and I’ve gotten some great feedback. Love how it turned out! I wanted it to be simple and elegant but still has that gentleman look to it.”
10. If you could describe the look and feel of your blog in one word, what would it be?
“I think it would be either Italian or Gentleman.”
11. How would you describe your style?
“As I’ve mentioned above, Italian, gentleman looks are my thing. I still do a casual or dressy casual looks, they’re still fun!”
12. What unique challenges do you face as a male blogger?
“Maintaining my style, and finding brands, designers that are my style.”
The post How Vince Lee Made Fashion Blogging His Full-Time Gig in Just One Year appeared first on IFB.